The AHR Expo attracts thousands of attendees from across the globe and with more than 500,000 square feet of exhibit space featuring everything that is new in the HVACR industry. The show, to be held Feb. 3-5, 2020 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida, is the industry’s annual opportunity to network with professionals from all roles within HVACR and to view the latest innovations, products and technologies. To register, visit the AHR Expo registration website.
“This is the event for HVACR professionals to meet together under one roof for networking, exchanging ideas and to preview what’s ahead in the industry,” said Mark Stevens, AHR Expo show manager. “Professionals from all areas of HVACR have an exclusive opportunity to gain real insight into what’s coming in the next year and what’s being planned for the future of the industry. HVACR is at the center of big change on a global scale and is a topic of discussion in many external industries as well —it’s an exciting time for the industry and the show floor is a great place to experience the inspiration.”
Each year, exhibitors display new solutions serving every facet of HVACR, ranging from highly efficient equipment to sophisticated whole building management systems. Attendees can expect to explore areas of industry growth such as building automation and control technologies, as well as solutions and equipment relating to alternative heating and cooling methods, time-saving tools and instruments, and other innovations that support a more efficient job site.
The 2020 Education Program will include more than 200 free seminars, new product and technology presentations, professional certifications and continuing education courses. Each year, the Education Program discusses some of
HVACR’s biggest opportunities and challenges through a series of comprehensive, informative and industry-focused sessions hosted by leaders from every sector of the industry. This year, the AHR Expo will add a series of HVACR trend discussions led by members of the AHR Expo Expert Council.
The 2020 Show features 76 free sessions led by industry experts working with leading organizations. Each session will range from one to two hours and will aim to deliver solutions to some of the HVACR industry’s most pressing challenges and exciting opportunities. Attendees are invited to attend general HVAC-related subjects as well as those specific to their sector of the industry and practice. Additionally, attendees are encouraged to download the MyShowPlanner App for iOS and Android to manage their Show and Education Program schedule. Details and instructions for downloading the 2020 AHR Expo App will be released closer to the Show and available on the AHR Expo website.
“In our daily work, it’s easy to get tunnel vision. We often get so focused on what we see in our business that we lose touch with the rest of the industry,” said Pam Duffy, P.E., owner of SparkOne Solutions and member of the AHR Expo Expert Council. “Having diverse perspectives from experts in all industry sectors is invaluable in capturing real insights.
The AHR Expo Expert Council has offered guidance from real industry experts to identify true industry trends. I look forward to furthering these discussions as part of the 2020 Education Program.”
Below are highlights for the 2020 AHR Expo’s free seminar session agenda:
General Industry-wide Topics
• Global Trends in the HVACR Market, presented by BSRIA Ltd.
• HVAC as a Service – How Soon is Now?, presented by BACnet International
• Private Equity 101: What HVACR Founders Need to Know, presented by Women in HVACR
• Fundamentals of Test, Adjust, & Balance for Engineers, Cx & Energy
• Providers, presented by Associated Air Balance Council (AABC)
• Building for a Climate Emergency, presented by AutomatedBuildings.com
• Key Factors for a Successful Snowmelt Design, presented by Radiant Professionals Alliance (RPA)
• HVAC Retrofit Paradigm Shift: First, Attack Distribution System; Second,
• Replace Equipment, presented by National Comfort Institute (NCI)
• Hydrocarbon Refrigerants, presented by RSES/RSES Journal
• Fundamentals of Working with Flammable Refrigerants, presented by the Institute of Refrigeration (IOR)
• SMACNA HVAC Duct Construction Standards – Metal & Flexible, presented by
• Fan Energy Index (FEI) as a Rating Metric and Design Tool, presented by Air
• Movement and Control Association International, Inc. (AMCA International)
• Cooling Tower and Water Treatment Fundamentals, presented by Cooling Technology Institute (CTI)
• NAFA, Requerimientos de FiltraciÓn de Aire en Áresa Limpias, presented by National Air Filtration Association (NAFA) Industry Trend
• Pulling More Women into the Ranks of Smart Buildings Leadership, presented
• Marketing Trends in HVAC, presented by AHR Expo Expert Council Member Pam Duffy
• Applying Emotional Intelligence (E.Q.) to Strengthen Your Business Model and
Customer Relationships, presented by AHR Expo Expert Council Member Karine
AHR Expo attendees have the opportunity to participate in professional development courses through ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) and short courses/professional development seminars approved for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) that can apply toward maintaining P.E. licensure. Attendees are required to register and pay tuition fees in advance of the Show and can do so by visiting the ASHRAE registration website.
Full-day courses account for six earned Professional Development Hours (PDHs)/Learning Units (LUs) or 0.6 CEUs. All half-day courses are awarded three accredited PDHs/AIA LUs.
Topics cover a wide range of industry subjects, including the fundamentals of the commissioning process, complying with the requirements of ASHRAE standards, laboratory design basics and beyond, optimizing indoor environments and more.
Course highlights include:
• Commissioning Authority (CxA) Workshop and Exam (2-days).
• NAFA CAFS Testing and 2-Hour Tutorial; NCT Testing.
• ASHRAE Certification Exams.
New product and technology theater presentations
Attendees are also encouraged to sit in on exhibitor presentations in the New Product & Technology Theater. More than 100 presentations lasting approximately 20 minutes each are planned across all three days of the Show. These free presentations are meant to provide attendees with brief overviews of new product announcements and technologies that can be found in exhibitor booths on the Show floor. Attendees are invited to follow up presentations with a visit to the booth for a more in-depth explanation and 1:1 interaction with products and representatives. These sessions are set to take place in special theaters right on the exhibit floor. No fee or registration is required.
This year, four 2020 Innovation Award winners and seven finalists will present, including:
Danfoss (Green Building)
Interplay Learning (Software)
Infinitum Electric (Ventilation)
Matelex (Tools & Instruments)
Sensirion, Inc. (IAQ)
NIBCO INC. (Plumbing)
BELIMO Americas (Building Automation)
Smardt Chiller Group Inc. (Cooling)
BCA Technologies, Inc. (Software)
American Aldes (Ventilation)
Attendees can view the complete schedule for the 2020 AHR Expo Education Program on the education section of the AHR Expo website. The MyShowPlanner tool is available to assist attendees in building personalized Show agendas.