ASID has released its Interior Design Billings Index 4th Quarter 2017 Report. The report provides insight on the current business conditions for the interior design industry, including:
• A rundown and analysis of the market segments and geographic regions that enjoyed a positive fourth quarter, 2017
• A look at the key indices from the report and what they suggest for the design industry over the next six months
• An evaluation of how interior design practitioners interpret the economic climate
Some highlights include:
- An increasing number of respondents reported a pull back in business conditions since mid-2017.
- Fourth quarter demand for interior design services varied across the four size cohorts.
- Billings growth varies across regions for interior design services.
- Business conditions for the year were positive for residential design services, but commercial and institutional design services struggled.
- Six-Month Outlook: Stronger Business Conditions Expected.
- Labor Market Continues to Expand.
- Construction Spending Showing Strong Gains.
The full report may be downloaded here, and a recording of ASID’s Feb. 20 webinar can be accessed here.