Facility Fusion offers more than 50 education sessions, IFMA certification courses and testing, plus IFMA Foundation activities, including a silent auction. Attendees can register to tour the fabulous Fox Theater, Mercedes Benz Stadium or The Porsche Experience Center Atlanta.
IFMA’s Facility Fusion 2019 Conference and Expo will be held April 8-10 in Atlanta. One-day registration is $250 for members and $350 for nonmembers. Book your room at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis by March 16 to receive special rates.
The McMorrow Reports team intends to sit-in on these education sessions:
- Recycling: The Right Thing To Do – Developing and Implenting a Workplace Plan with Joe Pearson is an Associate Director at Ernst & Young.
- Technology in Facilities: Emerging Trends and 5 Best Practices with Todd Moore, National Director – Facility Solutions for ARC Technology Solutions.
- Best Practices on Cyber Security & Data Privacy from the Facility Manager’s Guide for Information Technology from Ted Ritter, Principal, LMI360/DrawAlert; Geoff Williams, Director, Operations, Angus Consulting Management Limited; Simon Davis, Vice President, Business Development, Saltmine.
- Sustaining facilities for the next century: Smarter solutions for safer water and energy transmission and distribution from Cameron Manners, CTO, Aquam.
- Leveraging Technology to Communicate Effectively within the Changing Dynamics of a Multi-Generational Workforce with Geoff Williams, director, Operations, Angus Consulting Management Ltd. and Ted Ritter, LMI360/DrawAlert.
- Mission Possible: FM “Flight Deck” for Energy Usage with Peter Stroup, director of facilities, Harvard Medical School, who will discuss a school case study.
- Workplace Evolution: Beyond Open Plan with Betsy Nurse, principal, and Danielle Schmitt, project manager, HOK.
- WELL Building Standard: Harnessing Buildings as Vehicles to Support Human Health & Well-Being with Bonnie Hagen, COO, Bright Energy Services.
- The Phased Moves of 5000 Staff in an Occupied Building with Donald Eischens, International Monetary Fund.
- ISO41000 Series of FM Standards with Laverne Deckert, principal consultant, and Casey Martin, PM, Jacobs.
The McMorrow Reports is a premier sponsor of Facility Fusion and the Wednesday closing keynote speaker, Michael Daniel, Cybersecurity Advisor to President Barack Obama (2012 – 2016) and president, Cyber Threat Alliance.
The theme for the conference is Forging Visionary Leadership. Attendees will:
- Explore exciting emerging technology and ideas.
- Engage with the thought leaders in facility management.
- Establish personal relationships with both FM and built environment professionals.
- Understand how FM fits into and enhances the broader built environment.
- Participate in the unique sharing and collaborative community of Facility Fusion.
Click here to see the full schedule of courses.
Speakers at the conference will include:
- Bill Stainton, 29-time Emmy Winner, Keynote Speaker on Leadership, Strategic Creativity, & Accountability.
- Bob Schukai, Senior Vice President, Identity Solutions at Mastercard.
- Shannon Polson, Author, North of Hope and The Grit Project & First U.S. Army Women Apache Helicopter Captains and Pilots.
- Michael Daniel, Cybersecurity Advisor to President Barack Obama (2012 – 2016) & President, Cyber Threat Alliance.
- Fox Theater
- Mercedes Benz Stadium
- The Porsche Experience Center Atlanta
Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
It’s back and better than ever! Bid on unique sports and entertainment memorabilia, jewelry, designer handbags and more. Auction proceeds benefit the foundation, a 501C3 charity working to make FM a career of choice.
Auction hours :
Monday, April 8: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday, April 9: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, April 10: 8 a.m. – noon
Foundation-sponsored Educational Sessions
Women in FM Panel Discussion, presented by Sodexo
Tuesday, April 9, 8:00 am – 9:00 am
A panel of women leaders in the FM profession will share the challenges and opportunities they faced in their careers.
Certified Facility Manager Exam Prep Courses
Prepare to earn the most respected certification in FM. Choose the one-day CFM Exam Prep Workshop. Taught by experienced CFMs, workshops present tools and techniques that can lead to success on the exam.
One-day Exam Prep Workshop: Review the methodology of the competency-based exam, practice applying critical thinking skills and discuss the rationales used in practice exam questions. This course provides an overview of the 11 competencies of the facility management body of knowledge, the basis of the CFM Exam. You’ll enhance your knowledge in FM areas that you don’t encounter in your current position, review competency areas you are familiar with, and stay on track to meet your CFM goal. As an added benefit you’ll review the overall methodology of the CFM Exam and practice applying FM knowledge and critical thinking skills in a competency-based exam through practice exam questions.
Information about the CFM can be accessed at www.fm.training/credentials/cfm